Sunday, June 12, 2016

An Agnostic Calls Out - Watch out! This might be a poem.

An Agnostic Calls Out
By jim bourey

It’s time for a prayer
I think. A heathen I am, an agnostic
for sure. But these days need faith
of some sort, of the vaguest or most
definite sort. So do it now. Do it
with me. Pray in the simplest way. Say
the name of your own cosmic controller.
Then say something like

A little help here
please. We’ve got big trouble with hate.
We’ve got folks hating in the name of some
previously peaceful gods. We need some
changes. Help us out. I know You can.

If I can convince myself to pray
then I guess anyone can. And those
of you who have been practicing
the prayerful art better get at it
a little more intensely. It’s time.
We need faith these days. Definite
faith. Or vague, if that’s all you have.
If you have none at all send out
some positive energy. Whatever
that may be. It’s time for that too.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello James, good thoughts and I do pray daily to God through His Son Jesus Christ,My Lord And Savior. God is with us and will see us through. It's such a very sad day for us all concerning the tragedy in Florida. Yes,let us all pray for all the families there. Give us strength for each day. God your Word says if we humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways and pray ,HE will heal our land . Our Land sure needs healing in so many ways. Much love to all our family, may God protect and give peace to everyone. Love Mary ❤️